Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 10: The Mark of the Beast


After some deliberation, we decided to remain in the Price area today in order to catch up on our blogs.  But in doing so, we had to move our tent for the second time.

The most significant event that morning occurred at the Maverick Gas Station.  I try to keep a full tank of gas, given the remoteness of the area.  After I had filled and recapped the tank, I glanced over at the pump.  There, as clear as day, was the omen.  We had just purchased 6.666 gallons of gas.


  Even the thousandth decimal place had to threaten!  I tore up the receipt.

I knew that Huntingdon was a “latter-day” town, but did we need this message in order to try to get us to see the Pioneer Epic in Castle Dale?  We should not have turned down all those friendly invitations, I thought to myself.  We did not attend the pageant this evening either.  But we tossed and turned and remained on watch in our tent past midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment